Last Updated: 10/01/2024
Davis Events Agency is an events agency headquartered in Dublin, Ireland focused on providing event experiences that elevate your brand among customers, prospects and employees through memorable events and experiences.
We work with some of the world’s biggest companies and offer end-to-end event management services on small to large scale events. We have a proven track record of delivering events on time, on budget and with client objectives met.
For more information about our services, please refer to our website:
- the use of www.davisevents.ie (“website”)
- social media messages and marketing campaigns and
- the use of our services.
- A website visitor
- A prospective client
- A job applicant and
2.0 Personal Information We Collect
2.1 Information You Choose To Provide To Us
We may ask you to provide personal information when:
- You use the website to download articles, data sheets or eBooks.
- You refer a friend to us.
- You connect with us directly via phone calls, emails, chats or video conferencing platforms.
- You participate in a marketing/sales promotion.
- You attend trade events and other industry networking events.
- You register or attend a webinar or other event.
- You participate in programs we may offer from time to time.
- You pay for our services.
If you choose to provide us with a third party’s personal information (the person’s name, email and company) when taking part in our referral program, you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so.
We collect personal information that may include first and last name, business email address, phone number and/or company name.
- Employee names, email addresses and contractual agreements
- Vendor names, email addresses, contractual agreements or other personal data necessary for Davis Events Agency services
As a job applicant, we may also collect your resume and cover letter.
2.2 Information We Collect Automatically
We collect information about your visits to the website and the application when you land on any of our web pages through cookies, pixel tags and similar tracking technology.
The information collected includes:
- access times
- the pages you view
- the links you click on
- the search terms you enter
- actions you take in connection with any of the visited pages
- your device information such as IP address, location, browser type and language
- the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and
- the URL you browse away from our pages if you click on an external link
We may also collect information when you open email messages from us or click on links within those email messages.
2.3 Information We May Collect From Third Parties
We may combine the information we collect from your direct interactions with us with information obtained through other third-party sources, such as LinkedIn and public databases. We also obtain and/or purchase lists from third parties about individuals and companies interested in our services.
The personal information collected includes your name, email address, business address, job title, company name, and telephone number.
3.0 How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Deliver the contracted services
- To communicate with you directly through emails, calls, chats, and video conferencing.
- Process payments for services.
- Send communications to you about:
- Our services and offerings.
- Event announcements.
- Changes to our terms and policies.
- Particular programs in which you have chosen to participate.
- Promotional offers and surveys.
- Advertise and market our services, including delivering interest-based advertisements on this website and other sites or content syndication platforms and websites.
- Carry out market research to understand how to improve our services and their delivery.
- Create and manage marketing campaigns.
- Generate sales leads and increase our market share.
- Analyse user clicks and usage of the application and website to improve user experience and maximise usage of our services.
- Manage our website to maintain and deliver the contracted services.
- Enforce our website terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you.
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities.
- Protect the security or integrity of the website, our business or services.
- Or otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection or as required or permitted by law.
Please note that sometimes we may record the video conferencing call in which you participate to analyse and improve our staff’s communication skills. If we do so, we will be announcing it at the beginning of the conference call.
We do not sell your information to any third party.
4.0 How We Share Personal Information
We use third parties to help us provide our services. They will have access to your information as collected by the website or the application, as reasonably necessary to perform the contracted tasks on our behalf. We sign contractual agreements to obligate them to protect the personal information, only use it to deliver the contracted services to us, prohibit them from selling it and not disclose it without our knowledge and permission.
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, subpoena or other legal processes as identified in the applicable legislation.
We attempt to notify our clients about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgement, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency.
Change In Control
We can also share your personal data as part of a sale, merger, change in control or in preparation for any of these events.
5.0 Your Rights
We provide the same suite of services to all of our clients worldwide.
We offer the following rights to all individuals regardless of their location or applicable privacy regulations.
For personal information we have about you, you can:
- Access your personal information or request a copy.
You have the right to obtain information about what personal information we process about you or to obtain a copy of your personal information.
If you have provided personal information to us, you may contact us to obtain an outline of what information we have about you or a copy of the information.
You have the right to be notified of what personal information we collect about you and how we use it, disclose it and protect it.
- Change or correct your personal information.
You have the right to update/correct your personal information or ask us to do it on your behalf.
You can edit your information through asking us to change or correct it by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delete or erase your personal information.
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information at any time. We will communicate back to you within reasonable timelines the result of your request. We may not be able to delete or erase your personal information, but we will inform you of these reasons and any further actions available to you.
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. This means that we will stop using your personal information for these purposes.
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
You may have the right to ask us to limit the way that we use your personal information.
- Export your personal data.
You have the right to request that we export to you in a machine-readable format all of the personal information we have about you.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us at email@example.com
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local organisations in charge of enforcing the privacy legislation applicable in your territory.
6.0 How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We retain information as long as it is necessary to provide the services to you and our clients, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information.
We may also retain information to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law.
Information connected to you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our services may be de-identified or aggregated with other non-personal data. This information may provide insights that are commercially valuable to Davis Events Agency, such as statistics of the use of the services.
7.0 Other Important Information
We process data in Ireland, XXX and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders, such as contracts incorporating data protection and sharing obligations.
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a lawful reason for its collection.
When you visit our website and provide us with your personal information, we collect and use it with your consent.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to select your communications preferences
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from us. Please click the “Unsubscribe” link in the email we sent you to stop receiving marketing communications.
You may choose which information we collect automatically from your device by controlling cookie settings on your browser or by selecting your preferences through the cookie banner on our website.
Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you regarding security and privacy issues, fulfilling your requests, or administering any promotion or any program in which you may have elected to participate.
8.0 Contact Information
You may contact us to exercise any of your rights or ask for more information about your personal information and our privacy practices by contacting us at email@example.com
A.1 For Individuals Based In The European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) And Switzerland
If you are based in one of these jurisdictions, Davis Events Agency is the controller of your personal data collected in the following instances:
- When you visit our website www.davisevents.ie
- When we process your personal data for sales and marketing purposes
We only process personal data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. The lawful bases applicable to our processing as controller are:
- Consent: We will ask for your express and informed consent every time we collect your personal data on this legal basis.
- Contractual basis: We process the personal data as necessary to fulfil our contractual terms with you or our clients.
- Legitimate interest: We process the names, contact details, job titles, and companies of our existing and prospective clients for our direct marketing purposes, including market research and sales leads generation.
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- Access your personal data
- Correct errors in your personal data
- Erase your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- This right is also available to individuals whose personal data is processed by us for direct marketing purposes. If you object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, we shall stop processing within 30 days of receipt of your request.
- Export your personal data
- Restrict our processing of your personal data for specific reasons, including any of the purposes supported by the legitimate interest legal bases (see the section above).
We process personal data in Ireland, XXXXX
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority, EU Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) or Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC). See their contact details here National Data Protection Authorities.
A.2 For Individuals Based In California
This section provides additional specific information for consumers based in California as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
A.2.1 Collection And Use Of Personal Information
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, mailing address, email address, zip code, telephone number or other similar identifiers
- California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as company name, job title, business email address and department
- Internet/network information, such as your browsing history, log and analytics data, information about the device(s) used to access the services and information regarding your interaction with our websites or services and other usage data
- Geolocation data, such as information about your location (at the country and city level) collected from your IP address
- Sensory Information, the content, audio and video recordings of conference calls between you and us that we record where permitted by you and/or the law
- Profession/employment information that you send to us when applying for a position included in your CV and cover letter
- Other personal information, such as personal information you provide to us in relation to a survey, comment, question, request, article download or inquiry
- We do not sell any personal information
We collect personal information directly from you, from your browser or device when you visit our websites, from third parties that you permit to share your information or from third parties that share public information about you, as stated above.
See the section above, “How We Use Personal Information,” to understand how we use the personal information collected from California consumers.
A.2.2 Recipients Of Personal Information
We share personal information with third parties for business purposes. The categories of third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may include: (i) our service providers and advisors, (ii) marketing and strategic partners; (iii) ad networks and advertising partners; (iv) analytics providers; and (v) social networks.
A.2.3 California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
- The right to know any or all of the following information relating to your personal information that we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months (upon verification of your identity):
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources of the personal information
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting the personal information.
- The right to request deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
You also have the right to be free of discrimination for exercising these rights.
Please note that if exercising these rights limits our ability to process personal information (such as a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you with our products and services or engage with you in the same manner.
A.2.4 How To Exercise Your California Consumer Rights
To exercise your right to know and/or your right to deletion, please submit a request by contacting us at email@example.com
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request.
In order to verify your identity, we will generally require sufficient information from you so that we can match it to the information we maintain about you in our systems. Sometimes we may need additional personal information from you to be able to identify you. We will notify you.
We may decline a request to exercise the right to know and/or right to deletion, particularly where we cannot verify your identity or locate your information in our systems or as permitted by law.
You may choose to designate an authorised agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. No information will be disclosed until the authorised agent’s authority has been reviewed and verified. Once an authorised agent has submitted a request, we may require additional information (i.e., written authorization from you) to confirm the authorised agent’s authority.
If you are an employee/former employee of a Davis Events Agency client that uses our services, please direct your requests and/or questions directly to your employer/former employer.
Minors Under Age 16
Our services are intended for business use, and we do not expect them to be of any interest to minors. We do not intentionally collect any personal information of consumers below the age of 16. We do not sell the personal information of California consumers.